Last updated on April 22nd, 2023 at 07:39 am
Pizza is a popular and beloved food all around the world. However, it is often loaded with unhealthy ingredients and high in calories.
Fortunately, there are ways to enjoy pizza without sacrificing taste or health. One such method is by making spinach chicken pizza.
This delicious and nutritious pizza is a great way to indulge in your pizza cravings while getting the nutrients your body needs.
Spinach Chicken Pizza
- Baking sheet
- Rolling pin (if making homemade pizza dough)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Sharp knife or kitchen scissors
- Cutting board
- Spoon or ladle to spread pizza sauce
- Oven and oven mitts
- 1 pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450°F(230°C).
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface, to your desired thickness.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly on top of the dough, leaving about 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic on top of the sauce.
- Add the shredded chicken breast on top of the sauce.
- Add the fresh spinach leaves on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the spinach and chicken.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese on top of the mozzarella.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Place the pizza on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the pizza into pieces and serve hot.
- If using frozen spinach, make sure to thaw it completely and squeeze out any excess water before adding it to the pizza.
- For a crispy crust, preheat the oven to a high temperature (around 450°F/230°C) and place the pizza directly on the oven rack.
- To save time, you can use a pre-made pizza crust instead of making your own.
- You can customize the toppings according to your preference. Try adding mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, or olives for added flavor and texture.
- If you prefer a spicier pizza, try adding some red pepper flakes or jalapeños to the toppings.
- Use a good quality pizza sauce to ensure the best flavor. You can use store-bought pizza sauce or make your own using crushed tomatoes, garlic, and herbs.
- Shred the chicken using a fork or your hands for a more shredded texture.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving to avoid burning your mouth on hot cheese and toppings.
- Leftover pizza can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days and reheated in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10-15 minutes.
- Remember to clean up any flour and dough residue on your work surface and equipment after making the pizza.
Tips for Making the Best Spinach Chicken Pizza
Here are some tips for making the best spinach chicken pizza:
- Use fresh ingredients: Spinach, mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers will give your pizza the best flavor and texture.
- Cook the chicken beforehand: Using cooked chicken will ensure it is fully cooked and tender on the pizza.
- Experiment with different cheeses: If you’re not a fan of mozzarella cheese, try using an additional cheese, such as cheddar, feta, or goat cheese.
- Customize the toppings: Feel free to add or subtract toppings to suit your preferences.
Can I use frozen spinach instead of fresh spinach for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen spinach but thaw and squeeze out any excess water before adding it to the pizza.
Can I use a pre-made pizza crust instead of making my own?
Yes, you can use a pre-made pizza crust to save time.
How can I make the pizza crust crispy?
You can make the pizza crust crispy by preheating your oven to a high temperature and placing the pizza directly on the oven rack.
Can I add other toppings to this pizza?
You can add other toppings, like onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, or olives, according to your taste.
Can I use a different cheese instead of mozzarella cheese?
Yes, you can use any cheese you choose, but mozzarella cheese gives the pizza its traditional flavor and texture.
Can I use canned chicken instead of cooking and shredding chicken breasts?
You can use canned chicken, but it may not be as flavorful as cooking and shredding your chicken.
Can I use a different sauce instead of pizza sauce?
Yes, you can use any sauce of your choice, like Alfredo sauce or pesto sauce, but pizza sauce gives the pizza its traditional flavor.
Can I make this pizza ahead of time and reheat it?
Yes, you can make the pizza ahead of time and reheat it in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 10-15 minutes.
Can I use a gluten-free pizza crust for this recipe?
You can use a gluten-free pizza crust to make this recipe gluten-free.
Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Yes, you can omit the chicken and make this pizza vegetarian.
Final Thought On Making Spinach Chicken Pizza
Spinach chicken pizza is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pizza.
By using fresh ingredients and following these tips, you can make a pizza that is tasty and good for you.