Roasted vegetable pasta is a tasty and nutritious dish perfect for a quick, easy weeknight meal. With a colorful blend of roasted vegetables and tender pasta, this recipe will surely please your taste buds and health goals.
Learn the steps to make your own roasted vegetable pasta and some tips and tricks to make it perfect every time.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Garlic press or mincer
- Pot for boiling pasta
- Colander to drain pasta
- Serving bowl
- Grater for Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 pound of pasta (your choice of shape)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese, for serving (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F(220°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, and minced garlic with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- When the vegetables are done, remove them from the oven and toss them with the cooked pasta.
- Serve the pasta and vegetable shot, topped with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese if desired.
- You can use any type of pasta you like for this recipe. Whole wheat pasta or gluten-free pasta can be used to make this recipe healthier or suitable for people with gluten intolerance.
- To add more protein to this recipe, you can add grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu. Alternatively, you can also add nuts, such as toasted pine nuts or chopped almonds.
- The vegetables used in this recipe can be varied according to taste and preference. You can use a mix of colorful vegetables or use seasonal vegetables that are easily available.
- Make sure to slice the vegetables evenly to ensure that they cook evenly and at the same time.
- You can drizzle balsamic vinegar or lemon juice over the roasted vegetables before tossing with pasta to add more flavor.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat before serving.
Here are a few variations to try with your roasted vegetable pasta:
- Add some sliced mushrooms to the vegetable mixture before roasting.
- Use different vegetables depending on the season or your preference.
- Use a different type of pasta, such as spaghetti or penne, if you prefer.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to make sure your roasted vegetable pasta comes out perfectly every time:
- Cut the vegetables into similar sizes to ensure even roasting.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet when searing the vegetables.
- Use good quality olive oil for the best flavor.
- Add some grated Parmesan cheese or a squeeze of lemon juice for extra flavor.
- Use whole wheat pasta for added fiber and nutrients.
Can I use different vegetables in this recipe?
YeFeelree to use any vegetables you like, such as eggplant, mushrooms, or cherry tomatoes.
Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh parsley?
YeYouan use dried parsley or any other dried herbs you like.
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use any pasta, such as spaghetti, fettuccine, or penne.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can roast the vegetables ahead of time and refrigerate them until ready to use. Cook the pasta just before serving and toss it with the vegetables.
How long will the roasted vegetables keep in the refrigerator?
The roasted vegetables will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze the roasted vegetables?
Yes, you can freeze the roasted vegetables for up to 2 months.
Can I add protein to this recipe?
YeYouan add grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu for added protein.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, said the Parmesan cheese or use a vegan alternative.
Can I add more seasoning to this recipe?
You can add more herbs or spices to suit your taste, such as red pepper flakes or Italian seasoning.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, sie gluten-free pasta in place of regular pasta.
Final Thought On Making This Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Roasted vegetable pasta is a simple and healthy meal that’s easy to prepare and paflavorfulWith a mix of colorful vegetables and whole wheat pasta; this dish is a nutritious option sure to satisfy. Follow our recipe and tips to make your own roasted vegetable pasta today!