Looking for a flavorful and nutritious vegetable dish to add to your meal rotation? Roasted Brussels sprouts with almonds are the perfect option!
This dish is packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate, making it an excellent addition to any diet.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Almond
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Small skillet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Spatula or tongs for flipping the Brussels sprouts during roasting.
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of sliced almonds
- Preheat your oven to 400°F(205°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and black pepper until the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Make sure they are not overcrowded on the sheet, as this will prevent them from roasting evenly.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts for20-25 minutes or until they are tender and lightly browned. Make sure to stir them once or twice during the cooking process to ensure they cook evenly.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, toast the sliced almonds in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until they are fragrant and lightly browned, about 5minutes.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are done, transfer them to a serving dish and sprinkle the toasted almonds over the top.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Use fresh Brussels sprouts for the best results. Frozen Brussels sprouts can release more moisture, preventing them from roasting evenly.
- Make sure the Brussels sprouts are spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet so they roast evenly.
- You can customize the recipe by adding other seasonings such as garlic powder or paprika before roasting.
- To make the Brussels sprouts more crispy, increase the oven temperature to 425°F (218°C) and roast them for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
- Don’t toast the almonds too far in advance, as they may lose their crunchiness over time.
- You can use other nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or pine nuts if you prefer.
- If you don’t have sliced almonds, you can use whole almonds and chop them roughly.
- The recipe is easily doubled or halved depending on the number of servings required.
- The roasted Brussels sprouts with almonds make an excellent side dish for a holiday meal or weeknight dinner.
This dish is not only delicious and nutritious, but it’s also incredibly versatile. You can add a variety of seasonings to customize the flavor to your liking, such as garlic powder, onion powder, or paprika. Plus, you can easily adjust the portion size to serve as a side dish for a larger meal or enjoy it as a light lunch or snack.
Can I use frozen Brussels sprouts for this recipe?
It’s best to use fresh Brussels sprouts for this recipe, as frozen Brussels sprouts will release more moisture and won’t roast as evenly.
Do I need to blanch the Brussels sprouts before roasting?
No, you don’t need to blanch the Brussels sprouts before roasting. Simply trim and halve them, toss with olive oil and seasoning, and roast in the oven.
Can I use other types of nuts instead of almonds?
Yes, you can use other types of nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or pine nuts. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the type of nuts you use.
How can I make the Brussels sprouts more crispy?
To make the Brussels sprouts more crispy, increase the oven temperature to 425°F (218°C) and roast them for an additional 5-10 minutes.
How do I know when the Brussels sprouts are done?
The Brussels sprouts are done when they are tender and lightly browned. You can test their tenderness by inserting a fork or knife into the thickest part of a Brussels sprout.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can roast the Brussels sprouts ahead of time and reheat them in the oven or microwave when you’re ready to serve. However, the almonds are best toasted just before serving to ensure they’re crunchy.
Can I add other seasonings to the Brussels sprouts?
Yes, you can add other seasonings such as garlic powder, paprika, or thyme to the Brussels sprouts before roasting for extra flavor.
Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use other oils such as avocado oil or coconut oil if you prefer.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 4 servings as a side dish.
How can I store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
Final Thought On Making These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Almond
In summary, roasted Brussels sprouts with almonds are an excellent addition to any meal. With their impressive nutrient profile and delicious flavor, they’re sure to become a staple in your recipe repertoire. Give them a try today and taste the difference for yourself!