Last updated on April 19th, 2023 at 10:48 am
Raspberry coffee cake muffins are a delicious and easy-to-make treat perfect for breakfast, brunch, or sweet snacks.
These muffins are moist, fluffy, and bursting with tangy raspberry flavor, making them crowd-pleasers for any occasion.
Raspberry Coffee Cake Muffins
- Muffin tin
- Muffin liners
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Spoon or cookie scoop
- Small bowl for cinnamon-sugar topping
- Wire rack for cooling
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375°F(190°C). Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries, being careful not to overmix the batter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, divide the batter evenly among the muffin liners.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top of each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make sure to measure your ingredients accurately to ensure the best results.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter. Overmixing can cause the muffins to become tough and dense.
- If you don’t have muffin liners, you can grease the muffin tin with cooking spray or butter instead.
- If you prefer a stronger cinnamon flavor, you can increase the amount of cinnamon in the topping.
- If you want to make these muffins healthier, you can try substituting some of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour and using a natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup instead of granulated sugar.
- These muffins are best served warm or at room temperature, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- You can also freeze these muffins for up to 2 months. To reheat, microwave them for a few seconds or pop them in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.
- You can use frozen raspberries in this recipe if fresh raspberries are not available.
- Feel free to substitute other berries, such as blueberries or blackberries, for the raspberries.
- If you want to make these muffins even more decadent, add a glaze with powdered sugar and milk on top of the streusel.
Due to the streusel topping and added fruit, these raspberry coffee cake muffins are relatively high in calories and sugar. However, they are also a good source of carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. Therefore, they can be enjoyed as a part of a balanced diet in moderation.
Can I use frozen raspberries instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use frozen raspberries. Just make sure to thaw them completely and drain any excess liquid before adding them to the batter.
Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with another type of flour?
It’s best to use all-purpose flour for this recipe, but you could try using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend if you need to make these muffins gluten-free.
Can I use a different type of fruit instead of raspberries?
Yes, you could try using blueberries, blackberries, or chopped strawberries instead of raspberries.
Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
It’s best to use unsalted butter in this recipe, but if you only have salted butter, you can use it instead. Just reduce the amount of salt in the recipe by half.
Can I use a different type of sugar instead of granulated sugar?
You could try using coconut sugar or brown sugar instead of granulated sugar, but it may affect the texture and flavor of the muffins.
Can I skip the cinnamon-sugar topping?
You can skip the cinnamon-sugar topping if you prefer, but it adds a nice sweetness and crunch to the muffins.
Can I make these muffins ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these muffins ahead of time and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Can I freeze these muffins?
Yes, you can freeze these muffins for up to 2 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before freezing.
Can I add nuts to these muffins?
Yes, you could add chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans to the batter for extra flavor and texture.
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, you can double this recipe if you need to make more muffins. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Final Thought On Raspberry Coffee Cake Muffins
Raspberry coffee cake muffins are a delicious and easy-to-make treat perfect for any occasion.
Following our recipe and tips, you can make these fluffy and moist muffins that are bursting with tangy raspberry flavor.
Whether you have them for breakfast, brunch, or as a sweet snack, these muffins will impress your taste buds.