Last updated on April 30th, 2023 at 04:06 pm
Quinoa Roasted Vegetable Salad is a hearty and flavorful salad made with roasted vegetables, quinoa, and a delicious dressing.
The combination of the nutty quinoa, roasted vegetables, and tangy dressing creates a delicious and satisfying salad that is perfect for any occasion.
Quinoa Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Pot for cooking quinoa
- Baking sheet for roasting vegetables
- Mixing bowl for tossing vegetables with oil and spices
- Large bowl for combining salad ingredients
- Whisk for making dressing
- Measuring cups and spoons for precise measurements
- Knife and cutting board for slicing vegetables
- Citrus juicer for squeezing lemon juice (Optional)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups spinach or mixed greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat your oven to 400°F(200°C).
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water and add it to a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the quinoa is cooked and the water is absorbed.
- In a separate bowl, toss the sliced onion, bell peppers, and zucchini with olive oil, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for about 20-25minutes or until they are tender and slightly browned.
- Once the quinoa and vegetables are cooked, let them cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, roasted vegetables, spinach or mixed greens, crumbled feta cheese, parsley, mint, and basil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve the quinoa roasted vegetable salad warm or cold, as desired. Enjoy!
- Make sure to rinse the quinoa thoroughly before cooking to remove any residue or bitterness.
- For extra flavor, you can use vegetable or chicken broth instead of water when cooking the quinoa.
- Feel free to use any vegetables you like in this recipe. Just make sure to slice them into similar sizes so they cook evenly.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can use dried herbs instead. Just use about 1/3 of the amount called for in the recipe.
- To save time, you can roast the vegetables in advance and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- The dressing can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- This salad can be served warm or cold, depending on your preference.
- To make this salad vegan, simply omit the feta cheese or use a vegan cheese substitute.
- For added protein, you can add cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu to this recipe.
- This salad is a great option for meal prep as it can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days and enjoyed as a quick and healthy meal or snack.
Tips for Serving and Storing Quinoa Roasted Vegetable Salad
Quinoa Roasted Vegetable Salad is best served fresh, but it can also be stored in the fridge for later use. Here are some tips for serving and storing your salad:
- Serve the salad immediately after mixing it with the dressing for the best flavor and consistency.
- If you want to make the salad ahead of time, store the roasted vegetables, cooked quinoa, and dressing separately in the fridge for up to 3 days. Mix them together just before serving.
- To make the salad more filling, add some protein like grilled chicken or chickpeas.
Can I use other vegetables besides the ones listed in the recipe?
Yes, you can use any vegetables you like in this recipe. Just make sure to slice them into similar sizes so they cook evenly.
Can I use a different type of cheese instead of feta cheese?
Yes, you can use any cheese you like. Goat cheese or Parmesan cheese would be great options as well.
Can I make this salad in advance?
Yes, you can make the salad in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Just wait to add the dressing until you are ready to serve.
Can I use a different type of grain instead of quinoa?
Yes, you can use any grain you like in this recipe. Brown rice, farro, or couscous would all work well.
Can I skip the roasting step and use raw vegetables instead?
Yes, you can use raw vegetables in this recipe, but roasting them adds a deeper flavor and a nice char.
Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh herbs?
Yes, you can use dried herbs instead of fresh herbs, but the flavor won’t be as bright. Use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs instead of 1/4 cup of fresh herbs.
Can I add meat to this recipe?
Yes, you can add cooked chicken, shrimp, or tofu to this recipe for added protein.
Can I use bottled dressing instead of making my own?
Yes, you can use bottled dressing if you prefer, but making your own dressing will give the salad a fresher taste.
Can I use a different type of vinegar instead of lemon juice?
Yes, you can use any type of vinegar you like in this recipe, such as red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
Can I freeze this salad?
No, this salad is best eaten fresh and shouldn’t be frozen.
Quinoa Roasted Vegetable Salad is a delicious and healthy dish that anyone can easily prepare and enjoy. This salad is packed with flavor, nutrients, and various textures that make it a perfect choice for lunch, dinner, or as a side dish.
The roasted vegetables, including sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and onions, add a rich and satisfying flavor to the quinoa. The mix of roasted and fresh vegetables also provides a variety of textures, making this dish interesting and enjoyable to eat.