Last updated on April 26th, 2023 at 12:25 pm
Pumpkin granola bars are a delicious and healthy snack that can be enjoyed any time of the day.
These bars are packed with nutritious ingredients and the delicious flavor of pumpkin, making them a perfect option for those looking for a healthy snack to satisfy their sweet cravings.
Pumpkin Granola Bars
- Mixing bowl
- 8-inch square baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
- Knife for slicing the bars
- Airtight container for storing the bars
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F(175°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a little overhang on each side.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, chopped pecans, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, honey, and melted coconut oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking pan, and press it down with a spatula to create an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the bars cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, lift the bars out of the pan using the parchment paper overhang and transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the bars are completely cool, slice them into desired sizes and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Make sure to use old-fashioned rolled oats for the best texture. Quick oats may result in a slightly different texture.
- You can use any type of nuts you like in place of the pecans, such as almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts.
- Be sure to line your baking pan with parchment paper to prevent the bars from sticking.
- Don’t overbake the bars, as they can become dry and crumbly. Keep a close eye on them during the last few minutes of baking.
- Let the bars cool completely in the pan before slicing to ensure that they hold together.
- Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
- These bars can be customized with different spices, such as cinnamon or nutmeg, to add more flavor.
- You can also add additional mix-ins, such as chocolate chips or dried fruit, to make the bars more interesting.
Why Try These Pumpkin Granola Bars
These pumpkin granola bars are not only delicious but they are also packed with nutrients that can benefit your health. Pumpkin is rich in vitamins A and C, fiber, and potassium; oats are also high in fiber and can help lower cholesterol levels. Almond butter provides healthy fats, protein, and vitamin E, while walnuts are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
This recipe is a healthier alternative to store-bought granola bars, often loaded with sugar and preservatives. Making granola bars allows you to control the ingredients and ensure you consume a healthy and nutritious snack. These bars are easy to make and can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week, making them a convenient option for busy mornings or as a midday snack.
Can I use quick oats instead of old-fashioned rolled oats?
Yes, you can use quick oats in place of old-fashioned rolled oats. However, the texture may be slightly different.
Can I substitute the pecans for another type of nut?
Yes, you can substitute pecans for any other type of nut, such as almonds, walnuts, or hazelnuts.
Can I use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree?
No, you cannot use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree, as it contains added sugars and spices that will affect the flavor and texture of the bars.
Can I use maple syrup instead of honey?
You can use maple syrup instead of honey, but the flavor will differ slightly.
Can I use vegetable oil instead of coconut oil?
You can use vegetable oil instead of coconut oil, but the flavor will differ slightly.
Can I add chocolate chips to the bars?
You can add chocolate chips to the bars for a little extra sweetness.
Can I freeze the bars?
You can freeze the bars for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Can I make the bars gluten-free?
You can use gluten-free oats and ensure all other ingredients are gluten-free.
Can I make the bars vegan?
Yes, you can make the bars vegan by using maple syrup instead of honey and ensuring all other ingredients are vegan.
How long do the bars last?
The bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Final Thought On Making These Pumpkin granola bars
Pumpkin granola bars are a delicious and healthy snack you can easily make at home.
With the right combination of ingredients, you can create a nutritious snack that will satisfy your sweet cravings while providing your body with essential nutrients.
Try this recipe and enjoy a tasty and healthy snack you can feel good about.