Last updated on February 26th, 2023 at 08:38 am
Few things can beat a creamy and sweet cheesecake. And if you add a layer of irresistible cookie dough on top of that, you’ve got a dessert that will have everyone begging for seconds.
This no-bake cookie dough cheesecake recipe combines the best of both worlds, creating a delicious and decadent dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
No Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- 1 9-inch springform pan
- 1 Mixing bowls
- 1 Electric mixer or stand mixer
- 1 Rubber spatula
- 1 Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 Food processor (optional for crushing graham crackers)
- 1 Plastic wrap
- 1 Refrigerator or freezer
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter ,melted·
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar·
- 1 tsp vanilla extract·
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened·
- 1 cup granulated sugar·
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour·
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips·
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature·
- 1/4 cup brown sugar·
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator to set while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, chocolate chips, butter, brown sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread it evenly.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Pour the hot cream over the top of the cheesecake and spread it evenly.
- Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once set, remove the spring form pan and slice the cheesecake into slices. Serve and enjoy!
- Choose the proper crust: You can use a graham cracker crust, shortbread crust, or even a chocolate crust for the base of your cheesecake. Choose a crust that complements the flavors in your filling.
- Soften the cream cheese: Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before starting the recipe. This will make mixing easier and ensure a smooth, creamy filling.
- Mix the filling thoroughly: Mix the ingredients until they are well combined and smooth. This will help ensure that your cheesecake sets appropriately and has an even texture.
- Chill the cheesecake: After assembling it, chill it in the refrigerator for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight if possible. This will allow the cheesecake to set and give it a nice, firm texture.
- Customize the flavor: You can add different flavors to your no-bake cookie dough cheesecake by using different cookie dough flavors or adding mix-ins such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit.
- Be patient: This is a no-bake cheesecake, so it takes some time to prepare and chill. Be patient and don’t rush the process – a well-made no-bake cookie dough cheesecake is well worth the wait!
- Store properly: Once the cheesecake has been set, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should keep well for 3-5 days.
Tips for Perfecting Your No-Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake
To ensure that your no-bake cookie dough cheesecake comes out perfectly, following a few simple tips is essential.
First, use room-temperature ingredients for the cheesecake filling, as this will help ensure the filling is smooth and creamy.
Second, let the cheesecake chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, as this will help set the fill and ensure that each bite is delicious.
What type of graham crackers should I use for the crust?
You can use regular graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs for the crust.
Can I use a different type of cookie for the crust instead of graham crackers?
You can use any cookie, such as digestive biscuits or shortbread cookies.
Can I use a different type of sugar in the crust?
You can use brown sugar or a combination of white and brown sugar.
Can I use unsalted butter in the filling instead of salt?
Yes, unsalted butter can be used in the filling as well.
Can I use dark chocolate instead of semisweet chocolate chips?
Yes, you can use dark chocolate or any other type of chocolate you prefer.
Can I use a different type of sugar in the filling?
Yes, you can use brown sugar or a combination of white and brown sugar.
Do I have to add the hot cream to the cheesecake?
No, the hot cream is optional, but it helps to make the cheesecake even creamier.
Can I make the cheesecake the day before serving it?
Yes, it’s best to make the cheesecake the day before so it has time to set correctly in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze the cheesecake for later?
Yes, the cheesecake can be frozen for up to 2 months. Just wrap it tightly in plastic and aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn.
Can I add other mix-ins to the cookie dough filling?
Add chopped nuts, sprinkles, or other mix-ins to the cookie dough filling.
Final Thought On Making this No-Bake Cookie Dough Cheesecake
This no-bake cookie dough cheesecake recipe combines creamy and crunchy, making it the perfect dessert for any occasion.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for a sweet treat, this recipe will surely impress.
So why wait? Try it out today and taste the delicious combination of cheesecake and cookie dough for yourself.