Last updated on February 23rd, 2023 at 11:55 pm
Looking for a quick and easy snack that’s both delicious and nutritious? Look no further than our Healthy Cinnamon Granola Bars! Packed with wholesome ingredients like rolled oats, nuts, seeds, and just the right amount of sweetness from honey and cinnamon, these bars are the perfect on-the-go snack or pre-workout fuel.
Whether you’re a busy parent, a fitness enthusiast, or just someone looking for a tasty treat that won’t derail your healthy eating habits, these granola bars are sure to satisfy you.
So why reach for a sugary, processed snack when you can whip up a batch of these homemade delights in no time? Get ready to enjoy the satisfying crunch and warm, comforting flavor of our Healthy Cinnamon Granola Bars.
Healthy Cinnamon Granola Bars
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 Baking Dish
- 1 Parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray
- 1 Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 Spatula or spoon for mixing
- 1 Oven or toaster oven (to bake the bars)
- 1 Food Processor or Blender Having a food processor or blender may also be useful for chopping nuts or making the date paste, but they're not strictly necessary.
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- `1 cup Chopped nuts (such as almonds or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F(175°C) and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped nuts, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, and chia seeds.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, and sea salt. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the coconut oil is melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it down firmly with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool completely before slicing into bars.
- Store the bars in an air tight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- Customize the recipe: Feel free to customize the recipe by using your favorite nuts, seeds, and sweeteners. You can also add dried fruit or chocolate chips for flavor and texture.
- Cutting the bars: Let them cool completely before cutting them into squares or rectangles. You can cut them into the desired size and shape with a sharp knife.
- Storage: These granola bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week or in the freezer for up to three months.
- Serving suggestions: These bars are perfect for breakfast or on-the-go snacking. They can also be enjoyed as a dessert or mid-day snack.
- Nutritional information: Remember that these bars’ nutritional information may vary depending on the specific ingredients used. If you want to reduce the calorie count, you can try reducing the amount of sweetener used or cutting the bars into smaller servings.
The Nutritional Benefits: Fuel for Your Body and Mind
Our healthy cinnamon granola bars are packed with various nutrients that fuel your body and mind. Here are some of the nutritional benefits that you can expect from our granola bars:
- Energy: The complex carbohydrates in the oats provide sustained energy, while the healthy fats in the almonds and sunflower seeds help boost energy when you need it.
- Protein: Almonds and sunflower seeds are both good sources of protein, which helps to support muscle growth and repair.
- Fiber: Oats, almonds, and sunflower seeds are all good sources of fiber, which helps to support digestive health and can help to reduce the risk of heart disease and other chronic illnesses.
- Vitamins and minerals: Our granola bars are a good source of a range of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, magnesium, and calcium.
Can I use different types of nuts and seeds?
Yes, feel free to use any combination of nuts and seeds that you prefer or have on hand.
Can I use quick oats instead of rolled oats?
Yes, quick oats can be used instead of rolled oats, but keep in mind that the texture of the bars may be slightly different.
Can I use a different type of oil instead of coconut oil?
Yes, any mild-tasting oil, such as vegetable or canola oil, can be used instead of coconut oil.
Can I omit the honey and use more maple syrup instead?
Yes, you can use all maple syrup instead of honey, but remember that the bars may be slightly less sweet.
Can I add dried fruit to the recipe?
You can add dried fruit, such as cranberries or raisins, to the recipe if desired.
Can I use agave nectar instead of honey or maple syrup?
Yes, agave nectar can be used as a substitute for honey or maple syrup, but remember that it may have a slightly different flavor.
Can I double the recipe to make more bars?
Yes, you can double the recipe to make more bars, but you may need to use a larger baking dish or bake the bars in two separate batches.
Can I freeze the bars for later?
The bars can be stored in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw them at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before enjoying them.
Can I make the bars gluten-free?
You can make the bars gluten-free by using certified gluten-free rolled oats.
Can I add chocolate chips to the recipe?
Yes, you can add chocolate chips to the recipe if desired. Simply fold them into the mixture before baking.
Incorporating Our Granola Bars into Your Diet and Lifestyle
Healthy cinnamon granola bars are a great snack option for anyone looking for a tasty and nutritious snack.
Here are some tips for how to incorporate our granola bars into your diet and lifestyle:
- Keep them with you: Our granola bars are the perfect size for a quick snack on the go. Keep a few in your bag or your car to always have a healthy snack option when you need it.
- Pre-workout fuel: Granola bars are a great pre-workout snack, providing a range of nutrients to help fuel your workout.
- Breakfast option: Our granola bars are also a great breakfast option when you’re short on time. Pair them with a piece of fruit or some yogurt for a complete meal.