Chia seeds are high in fiber and protein, and they also contain omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and essential amino acids.
They are considered a complete food because they provide all the nutrients needed to sustain life – and they have the added bonus of being able to be added to pretty much any dish!
Looking for inspiration for easy, healthy chia seed pudding recipes? Then read on for all you need to know!
Chocolate Chia Seed
Who said that healthy food couldn’t be delicious? This tasty chocolate chia seed recipe allows you to enjoy a sweet treat while still staying healthy and nourished.
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp hazelnut flavor instant coffee powder (Optional)
- ¼ of a cup of chia seeds
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tsp honey if desired
- Combine the brown sugar, cocoa powder, and instant coffee powder together in a bowl, and stir these together until smooth and free from lumps. Fold the chia seeds into the mixture.
- Add the milk into the bowl, and stir well until the mixture is smooth with no lumps. Allow the mixture to rest for a few minutes, and then stir. Repeat this process for around 20 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with cling film, and place it in the fridge for between two hours and a night.
- When ready to serve, drizzle honey over the pudding and enjoy.
Raspberry Chia Pudding
For something a little fresh and tangy, this raspberry chia pudding is a refreshing addition to any summer’s day – and it has the added bonus of being super easy to assemble!
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 8 tbsps chia seeds
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- Add 6 tablespoons of chia seeds, coconut milk, rice milk, and maple syrup to a bowl, and allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix until smooth, and then cover in clingfilm.
- Chill the mixture for between 8 hours and overnight, until the mixture has a pudding-like consistency.
- Mash the raspberries together in a bowl, and stir
- Stir in 2 of the tablespoons of chia seeds and the vanilla extract, and cover with cling film. Chill the jam until gel-like in consistency.
- Add the raspberry mixture to the bottom of the glass, and spoon in the pudding. Add any remaining raspberry mixture to the top.
Almond Strawberry Chia Pudding
For a unique twist on a classic chia pudding, this is a delicious recipe that will have you reaching for more.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 (16 ounces) fresh strawberries, hulled
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the strawberries and almond milk to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry puree into a bowl, and add the honey, chia seeds, and vanilla extract.
- Cover the bowl with cling film, and refrigerate for around 4 hours until set.
Chia Greek Yogurt Pudding
Combine the delicious taste of Greek yogurt with the nutritional boost of chia seeds with this easy-to-construct recipe.
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp honey, or more to taste (Optional)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup chia seeds
- Add the Greek yogurt and soy milk to a large container, and then add the flax seeds, honey, hemp seeds, vanilla extract, and cinnamon into the container.
- Whisk the ingredients together well.
- Stir in the chia seeds evenly, and then cover the container. Refrigerate for 15 minutes, stir, and then return to the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
Cacao Nib Chia Pudding
Add a sweet twist to your chia seed with the inclusion of a pop of cacao nib for truly mouthwatering results that will have you returning for second helpings!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or more as needed
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cashews
- 5 tbsp cacao nibs, divided
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine the chia seeds, cashew nuts, maple syrup, cinnamon, sea salt, almond milk, vanilla extract cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs into a blender, and blend for around 1 minute.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs into the mixture, pour into bowls, and then cover in clingfilm.
- Add to the refrigerator for between an hour and overnight to thicken the mixture.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the rest of the cacao nibs.
Chia Pudding With Strawberry Puree
If you are looking for the sweetness of strawberries but would prefer an alternative to pure almond milk, then this is a great compromise that doesn’t sacrifice taste.
For The Chia Pudding
- ½ (15 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 5 tbsps chia seeds
For The Strawberry Puree
- 3 tsps agar-agar powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 ⅓ cups coconut milk
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, or more to taste
- Add the coconut milk and almond milk to a small bowl, and then mix the chia seeds in. Add to the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours – leave overnight for best results. During the first hour, stir the mixture 3 to 4 times.
- Add the water and agar-agar powder to a small bowl and mix.
- Add the coconut milk to a pan and bring to a boil, before adding the coconut sugar and agar-agar mixture to the concoction. Cook this for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool, before adding to a blender. Add the strawberries, and puree the mixture until smooth.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the glasses, and top with the chia pudding
Chia pudding is a delicious, nutritious way to enjoy the benefits of chia seeds, and our range of recipes means that you will never run out of things to try!