Last updated on April 21st, 2023 at 10:44 pm
If you’re a food enthusiast who loves experimenting with different tastes and flavors, grilled chicken bacon is a must-try recipe.
The combination of juicy grilled chicken and crispy bacon creates a mouth-watering delight that is hard to resist.
Grilled Chicken Bacon
- Grill: You can use an outdoor gasor charcoal grill, or a stove-top grill pan.
- Tongs: Use tongs to flip the chicken breasts and move them around on the grill.
- Meat Thermometer: A meat thermometer is essential to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked.
- Brush: Use a brush to coat the chicken with olive oil before grilling.
- Small Bowl: You'll need a small bowl to mix the spice mixture.
- Knife and Cutting Board: Use a knife and cutting board to cut the chicken and chop any herbs you may use.
- Aluminum Foil: You may need aluminum foil to cover the chicken if it is cooking too quickly or to keep it warm while you finish cooking the rest.
- Oven Mitts or Gloves: Use oven mitts or gloves to protect your hands when handling hot items on the grill.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon.
- Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with olive oil.
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides.
- Use thin-sliced bacon: Using thin-sliced bacon will allow it to crisp up nicely and cook evenly on the grill.
- Pound the chicken breasts: If the chicken breasts are uneven in thickness, pound them with a meat mallet or the back of a heavy skillet to ensure even cooking.
- Use a meat thermometer: To ensure that the chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature has reached 165°F (75°C).
- Let the chicken rest: After grilling, let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute and keep the chicken moist.
- Customize the spice mixture: Feel free to adjust the spice mixture to your liking by adding more or less of the spices or adding other seasonings such as chili powder or cumin.
- Serve with your favorite sides: Grilled Chicken Bacon goes well with a variety of sides such as roasted vegetables, rice, or a side salad.
- Be mindful of flare-ups: The bacon fat may cause flare-ups on the grill, so keep an eye on the chicken and move it around if needed to avoid burning.
Tips to Make Grilled Chicken Bacon Even Better
If you want to take your grilled chicken bacon to the next level, here are some tips to make it even better:
- Marinate the chicken: Marinating the chicken in your favorite sauce for a few hours before grilling can enhance the flavor and tenderness of the meat.
- Use different types of bacon: You can experiment with different types of bacon, such as turkey bacon, smoked bacon, or maple bacon, to create different flavors.
- Add vegetables: Grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, and onions can be a great addition to your grilled chicken bacon to create a more balanced and healthy meal.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly, as thighs take longer to cook.
How long should I marinate the chicken?
You don’t need to marinate the chicken for this recipe, as the spice mixture adds enough flavor.
Can I use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon?
Yes, you can use turkey bacon if you prefer.
Can I cook this recipe on a stove-top grill pan?
You can cook this recipe on a stove-top grill pan instead of an outdoor grill.
Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs?
Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs. Remember to use more of them as they are less potent than dried herbs.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can wrap the chicken in bacon, season it with the spice mixture a few hours ahead, and store it in the fridge until ready to grill.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken breasts before grilling them. Just wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container.
How can I tell if the chicken is fully cooked?
Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (75°C).
What are some good sides to serving with Grilled Chicken Bacon?
Some good sides to serve with Grilled Chicken Bacon include grilled vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a side salad.
How long should I let the chicken rest before serving?
Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes after grilling, allowing the juices to redistribute and moisten the chicken.
Final Thought On Making Grilled Chicken Bacon
Grilled chicken bacon is a delicious and healthy meal you can enjoy anytime, anywhere.
Whether hosting a backyard barbecue or preparing a quick weeknight dinner, this recipe will satisfy your taste buds.
So why not try and see why grilled chicken bacon is the ultimate combination for a mouth-watering delight?