Last updated on April 30th, 2023 at 09:43 pm
If you’re looking for a healthy and refreshing snack that’s easy to prepare and flavorful, you’ll love these fruit yogurt cups.
These cups are perfect for a quick breakfast or a mid-day snack, and they’re a great way to incorporate more fruit into your diet.
Here’s how to make them:
Fruit Yogurt Cups
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Small cups or jars for serving
- Cutting board
- Sharp Knife
- Spoon for mixing and serving
- Refrigerator for chilling the cups before serving
- 1 cup 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed berries (such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
- 1/4 cup granola
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (Optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Rinse the mixed berries and chop them into small pieces.
- Layer the chopped berries and granola into the bottom of 4 small cups or jars.
- Spoon the yogurt mixture on top of the fruit and granola layers, dividing it evenly among the cups.
- Top each cup with additional berries and granola.
- Refrigerate the cups for at least30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Before serving, garnish each cup with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
- Use fresh or thawed frozen berries for best results. Drain any excess liquid before using.
- Customize this recipe by using any type of fruit or granola you prefer.
- If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can adjust the amount of honey used in the recipe.
- Make sure to chill the cups in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld and the granola to soften.
- If you’re making this recipe ahead of time, store the cups in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can use any type of small cups or jars for serving, such as mason jars or clear plastic cups.
- If you’re making this recipe for a larger crowd, you can double or triple the recipe to make more servings.
- This recipe is a healthy and nutritious snack or breakfast option that is high in protein and fiber.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of yogurt, such as flavored yogurt or dairy-free options.
- Enjoy this recipe as a light breakfast or as a mid-day snack to satisfy your hunger and sweet cravings.
These fruit yogurt cups are not only delicious but they’re also packed with nutritional benefits. Greek yogurt is high in protein, which helps keep you full and satisfied for extended periods, and it also contains probiotics, good bacteria that help improve gut health.
Fresh fruit adds a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. Plus, the natural sweetness of the fruit means you won’t need to add any additional sugar to the recipe.
Can I use regular yogurt instead of Greek yogurt?
Yes, you can use regular yogurt instead of Greek yogurt, but the consistency of the mixture may be thinner.
Can I use frozen berries instead of fresh berries?
Yes, you can use frozen berries instead of fresh berries, but be sure to thaw them before using them and drain any excess liquid.
Can I use a different type of fruit instead of berries?
You can use any fruit, such as sliced peaches, diced mango, or sliced kiwi.
Can I use flavored yogurt instead of plain yogurt?
You can use flavored yogurt, but remember it may contain added sugars.
Can I use maple syrup instead of honey?
Yes, you can use maple syrup instead of honey if you prefer.
Can I use a different type of granola?
You can use any granola, such as nutty or cinnamon-flavored granola.
How long can these fruit yogurt cups be stored in the fridge?
These cups can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I make these fruit yogurt cups ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these cups ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve them.
Can I double or triple this recipe?
Yes, you can double or triple this recipe to make more servings.
Can I make these fruit yogurt cups vegan?
To make these cups vegan, you can use plant-based yogurts, such as soy or coconut yogurt, and maple syrup instead of honey.
Final Thought On Making Fruit Yogurt Cups
If you’re looking for a healthy and easy snack packed with flavor and nutritional benefits, these fruit yogurt cups are the perfect choice.
They’re easy to prepare, customizable to your tastes, and can be enjoyed anytime. Give them a try and see how delicious and satisfying healthy snacking can be.