Last updated on April 22nd, 2023 at 08:57 am
If you’re a fan of chocolate and looking for a sweet indulgence, there’s nothing better than a rich, fudgy brownie. These chocolate fudge brownies are the perfect treat for any occasion – a special celebration or a cozy night in.
Chocolate Fudge Brownie Recipe
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch baking pancooling)Sharp knife (for slicing)
- Toothpick or cake tester
- Wire rack for cooling
- Sharp knife (for slicing)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp espresso powder (Optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F(175°C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sugar and stir until combined.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, to the saucepan, whisking after each addition.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, espresso powder (if using), and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, slice into squares and serve. Enjoy your delicious chocolate fudge brownies!
- It’s essential to use high-quality chocolate chips or chopped chocolate for the best flavor and texture.
- Make sure to properly measure the flour, as using too much can result in a dry and crumbly texture.
- Do not overmix the batter, as this can lead to tough and dense brownies.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing, as they will continue to cook slightly as they cool.
- For extra fudgy brownies, try slightly underbaking them by a few minutes.
- Adding a pinch of salt to the batter can enhance the chocolate flavor and balance out the sweetness.
- If you prefer your brownies without nuts, simply omit them from the recipe.
- To create a clean and even cut, run your knife under hot water before slicing the brownies.
- You can serve the brownies warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent dessert.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Tips for Making the Best Chocolate Fudge Brownies:
- Use high-quality chocolate chips for the best flavor and texture.
- Be sure not to overbake the brownies, as this can cause them to become dry and cakey.
- Add chopped nuts or caramel sauce to the batter for an extra indulgent twist.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
It’s best to use unsalted butter in this recipe to control the amount of salt in the brownies.
Can I use a different type of sugar?
You can use other granulated sugars, but the brownies’ texture and taste may differ slightly.
Do I need to add espresso powder?
No, espresso powder is optional, but it enhances the chocolate flavor of the brownies.
Can I use a different type of flour?
You can use other types of flour, but the texture and taste of the brownies may be slightly different.
Can I use milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate chips?
Yes, but the brownies will be sweeter.
Can I add nuts to the brownies?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans to the batter.
Can I make the brownies ahead of time?
Yes, you can store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I freeze the brownies?
Yes, you can freeze the brownies in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
How do I know when the brownies are done?
The brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
How do I cut the brownies neatly?
Use a sharp knife and clean it between each cut for clean and neat slices. You can also cut the brownies with a plastic knife or a pastry scraper.
Final Thought On Making Chocolate Fudge Brownies
These chocolate fudge brownies are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth with their rich and fudgy texture and intense chocolate flavor. They’re easy to make and are sure to become a favorite in your household. Try this recipe and enjoy the sweet indulgence of homemade chocolate fudge brownies.