Last updated on May 2nd, 2023 at 06:44 am
A cashew chicken quinoa bake is a great choice if you’re looking for a healthy and satisfying meal that’s easy to prepare.
This dish is loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats, making it a nutritious and flavorful option for any time of day.
Cashew Chicken Quinoa Bake
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Fine-mesh strainer
- Large skillet
- Cutting board
- Sharp Knife
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F(190°C).
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and set it aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the rinsed quinoa to the saucepan, cover, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the broth has been absorbed.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the red bell pepper, frozen corn, and chopped onion to the skillet with the chicken. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, cashews, cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13inch baking dish. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the cashew chicken quinoa bake cool for a few minutes before serving.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, make sure to use gluten-free chicken broth or vegetable broth, and check the labels of all other ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- To make this recipe vegan, you can substitute the chicken with tofu or tempeh, and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. You can also use vegan cheese or omit the cheese altogether.
- If you are allergic to nuts, you can omit the cashews or substitute them with sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- To make this recipe more spicy, you can increase the amount of chili powder or add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- This dish can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container. To reheat, you can microwave individual portions or heat in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- To freeze this dish, you can prepare it up to the point of baking, then cover tightly with foil or plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake as directed.
If you want to switch up the flavor of your cashew chicken quinoa bake, here are a few variations to try out:
- Substitute tofu or shrimp for the chicken for a vegetarian or pescatarian version.
- Add your favorite veggies, such as broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms, to the dish for extra nutrition and flavor.
- Drizzle with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce for a savory and tangy flavor.
Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
YeYouan, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth if you prefer a vegetarian option.
Can I use a different type of nut instead of cashews?
Yes, you can use different types of nut s, such as almonds, peanuts o,r pecans,f you prefer.
Can I use frozen chicken instead of fresh?
You can use frozen chicken; ensure it is fully thawed before cooking.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use different types of cheese s, such as mozzarella, Monterey jack o,r Colby jack I,f you prefer.
Can I add more vegetables?
Yes, you can add more vegetables s, such as broccoli, zucchini o,r carrots,f you prefer.
Can I use a different seasoning instead of chili powder?
Yes, you can use different seasonings, such as cumin, paprika o,r curry powder i,f you prefer.
Can I use pre-cooked quinoa instead of cooking it from scratch?
Yes, you can use pre-cooked quinoa; make sure to adjust the amount of chicken broth accordingly.
Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?
Yes, you can use different types of meat such as ground beef, turkey, or pork if you prefer.
Can I prepare this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare this dish ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it.
Can I freeze this dish?
YeYouan freeze this dish for up to 2-3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake as directed.
Final Thought On Making a Cashew Chicken Quinoa Bake
A cashew chicken quinoa bake is a delicious and nutritious dish that’s easy to make and paflavorfulWith its blend of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and nutrients; this dish is a perfect choice for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe or want to get creative with different variations, a cashew chicken quinoa bake will surely be a hit.
Try out this recipe and enjoy the delicious blend of cashews, chicken, and quinoa in every bite.