Get ready to blow away your guests’ taste buds with this “Explosively Tasty Bomb Meatloaf Recipe”! This easy-to-make crowd-pleaser packs a flavor punch with a combination of ground beef, spices, and a tangy glaze that’ll have everyone returning for seconds.
Whether you’re looking for a comforting weeknight dinner or something to impress your guests, this meatloaf recipe is easy to make and guaranteed to be a hit. This recipe is a surefire new fave that is moist, tender, and downright delicious.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard in a small mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Press half of the meat mixture into the bottom of a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Spread the ketchup mixture over the meat.
- Top with the remaining meat mixture, pressing down firmly to compact the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
FAQ’s on this Bomb Meatloaf Recipe
What kind of ground beef should I use for this recipe?
For this recipe, you can use any ground beef, but I recommend using 85% lean ground beef for the best flavor and texture.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
You can make the meatloaf mixture the day before and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Can I freeze this meatloaf?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked meatloaf for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap before placing it in the freezer.
How can I tell when the meatloaf is cooked through?
The meatloaf is fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C)
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs.
Can I make this recipe with ground turkey or ground chicken?
You can make this recipe with ground turkey or chicken, but the cooking time may vary.
What can I serve with this meatloaf?
This meatloaf goes great with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a green salad.
Can I use different spices or herbs in this recipe?
You can experiment with different spices and herbs to suit your taste. Some suggestions could be paprika, cumin, or rosemary.
Can I add other ingredients to the meatloaf?
Adding other ingredients, such as diced mushrooms, grated carrots, or chopped bell peppers, to the meatloaf mixture for added flavor and nutrition.
How long should I let the meatloaf cool before slicing it?
It is best to let the meatloaf cool for at least 10-15 minutes before slicing it. This allows the juices to redistribute, making for a moister meatloaf.
Can I use a different kind of sauce or glaze for the meatloaf?
You can try it with different sauces or glazes, like a BBQ sauce or a spicy mustard glaze.