Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 12:21 am
Choosing the best cast iron skillet for a glass top stove involves considering important factors such as its flat bottom, size and weight, type of finish, and compatibility with glass top stoves.
The Importance Of A Flat Bottom
One of the most crucial factors to consider while choosing a cast iron skillet for a glass top stove is having a flat bottom. Not only does it offer better heat distribution and even cooking, but it also ensures that you do not scratch or damage your glass stove surface.
Glass cooktops are designed to work best with flat-bottomed cookware; using concave or uneven bottoms can cause uneven heating and ultimately affect the meal’s quality.
Finding the perfect flat-bottomed cast iron skillet may be challenging since traditional cast iron tends to have slightly raised edges, which could potentially harm your glass top stove.
However, many modern cast iron skillets, such as the Cusinel Cast Iron Skillet + Pan Scraper, Smithey 12-inch and 10-inch skillets, are specifically designed for use on smooth surfaces like induction cooktops and glass stovetops. These well-designed skillets provide all the perks of durable cast-iron cooking without posing a threat to your beloved glass top stove!
The Right Size And Weight
Selecting the right size and weight for a cast iron skillet is crucial when using it on a glass top stove. Ideally, you’ll want to choose a pan that’s not too heavy or cumbersome to avoid placing excessive pressure on the delicate surface of your cooktop.
For example, Smithey 12 Inch and Smithey 10-inch skillets are perfect choices as they balance weight and cooking surface area.
Additionally, make sure that the cast iron skillet has dimensions compatible with your specific stove top. A well-fitting skillet will ensure even heat distribution and help prevent any imbalance issues during cooking.
Skillets like the Cusinel Cast Iron Skillet + Pan Scraper offer this kind of compatibility, allowing you to cook confidently without fear of damaging your glass top stove.
Keeping these factors in mind while choosing from among the best cast iron skillets designed for use on glass cooktops ensures that you can enjoy all the benefits of cast iron cooking without compromising your modern kitchen setup. So go ahead, sauté those onions or sear that steak with confidence – but always remember to lift rather than slide when repositioning your skillet across the stovetop!
Type Of Finish
When choosing a cast iron skillet for a glass top stove, the type of finish is an important factor to consider. A smooth and polished finish is ideal because it helps prevent scratches on the glass surface. The Lodge Cast Iron Skillet has a pre-seasoned, smooth finish that works well with glass cooktops. Additionally, some skillets come with an enameled coating that provides protection against rust while also making cleaning easier.
It’s important to note that unfinished or rough surfaces are not recommended for use on glass top stoves as they can scratch the surface easily. The Victoria Cast Iron Skillet has a slightly rougher surface compared to other options and may need extra care during use on a glass cooktop.
Overall, when considering the type of finish for your cast iron skillet, it’s best to choose one with a smooth and polished coating or enamel coating for optimal performance and protection against damage to your glass top stove.
Compatibility With Glass Top Stoves
When choosing a cast iron skillet for your glass top stove, it’s important to look for compatibility with this type of cooktop.
Not all cast iron skillets are suitable for use on glass tops, as some may scratch or damage the surface.
Look for flat-bottomed skillets that can sit evenly on the stove and avoid those with sharp edges or rough finishes. Brands like Cusinel offer skillets specifically designed for glass top stoves, making them a safe and reliable option.
Another factor to consider is weight – heavier skillets can cause more stress on the glass top and increase the risk of cracking or breaking.
Opting for a lighter skillet like Smithey 12 Inch could be beneficial in this case. Keep in mind that using a heat diffuser can also help protect your glass top from any potential damage caused by heavy cookware like traditional cast iron skillets.
Overall, choosing the right compatible skillet can ensure safe and efficient cooking on your glass top stove without worrying about causing any harm to its delicate surface.
Top 10 Best Cast Iron Skillets For Glass Top Stoves
For a quick recommendation, check out our product list below – or for more in-depth reviews and analysis, feel free to scroll down.
- Ultimate versatility for all your cooking needs: Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
- Ultimate Cast Iron Skillet for Professional Home Cooking: Le Creuset Signature Skillet
- Boost Your Iron Intake with Superior Heat Retention Skillet: Utopia Kitchen Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- The Ultimate Cast-Iron Skillet for Versatile Cooking: Victoria Cast Iron Skillet
- Best for Versatile Cooking and Long-Lasting Durability: Cuisinel Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Best for Evenly Heating and Cooking Delicious Meals: Bruntmor Enameled Cast Iron Skillet
- Experience Hassle-Free Cooking with Chip-Resistant Enameled Cast Iron Skillet: Uno Casa Enameled Cast Iron Skillet
- Effortlessly master gourmet meals with cast iron skillet: AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
- Versatile Non-Stick Skillet Set for Traditional Cooking: NutriChef Cast Iron Skillet
- Master the Art of Restaurant-Quality Cooking at Home: T-fal E83407 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
|Skillet Brand/Model Name||Price||Customer Rating (out of 5 stars) and Number of Ratings||Material||Features/Compatibility|
|Lodge Cast Iron Skillet||$19.90||4.7 out of 5 stars (64,149 ratings)||Cast-iron||Induction Stovetop Compatible|
|Le Creuset Signature Skillet||$237.49||4.7 out of 5 stars (5,358 ratings)||Cast Iron||Induction Stovetop Compatible|
|Utopia Kitchen Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet||$20.99||4.6 out of 5 stars (23,513 ratings)||Cast Iron||Pre-Seasoned|
|Victoria Cast Iron Skillet||$27.20||4.7 out of 5 stars (11,364 ratings)||Cast Iron||Gas Stovetop Compatible, Electric Stovetop Compatible, Induction Stovetop Compatible|
|Cuisinel Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet||$49.99||4.7 out of 5 stars (11,785 ratings)||Cast Iron||Oven Safe, Skillets, Saucepans, Pre-Seasoned|
|Bruntmor Enameled Cast Iron Skillet||$69.99||4.6 out of 5 stars (4,228 ratings)||Cast Iron||Enameled|
|Uno Casa Enameled Cast Iron Skillet||$52.95||4.6 out of 5 stars (1,098 ratings)||Cast Iron||Enameled|
|AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet||$37.12||4.6 out of 5 stars (12,321 ratings)||Cast Iron||Oven Safe, Non Stick|
|NutriChef Cast Iron Skillet||$44.99||4.6 out of 5 stars (844 ratings|
1. Lodge Cast Iron Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
Ultimate versatility for all your cooking needs.
- Versatile: Can be used in the oven, on the stove, on the grill, or over a campfire.
- Durable: Made of cast iron and manufactured in the USA by Lodge Manufacturing Company.
- Non-Stick: Has a non-stick coating for easier cooking and cleaning.
- Compatible with multiple devices: Works with smooth surface induction, gas, and electric coil stovetops.
- Induction Stovetop-Compatible: Special feature makes it compatible with induction stovetops.
- Hand Wash Only Product Care Instructions to ensure longevity.
The Lodge 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Skillet is a truly versatile piece of kitchenware. This pre-seasoned skillet comes ready to use and is great for induction cooktops.
It’s also perfect for searing, baking, broiling, braising, frying or grilling – both in the oven and over a campfire.
Its unique construction ensures even heat distribution across its large surface area for perfect cooking results every time.
Moreover, this heavyweight marvel retains heat exceptionally well so it stays piping hot until your last bite!
This no-nonsense cast iron skillet from Lodge goes beyond its impressive performance to provide users with unmatched convenience as well.
The helper handle on the side offers extra lift while its looped primary handle allows you to hang it on any convenient spot after cleaning up post meal prep session.
And speaking of cleanup – Lodge Logic skillets require only warm water, mild soap (if preferred), and a light layer of oil before storage – that’s how easy it is to keep them in fine condition!
No wonder then that experienced chefs swear by this product – highly durable materials plus excellent performance quality makes this ideal choice whether used at home or camping outdoors with family & friends!
- Versatile cooking: use it to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry or grill.
- Oven-to-table convenience: great for induction cooktops and compatible with oven/stove/grill/campfire.
- Pre-seasoned perfection: enjoy the naturally non-stick surface without any added chemicals.
- Even heating and unrivaled heat retention: achieve perfect results every time.
- Heavy and difficult to maneuver for some users
- Requires regular seasoning and maintenance to prevent rusting
- Can be prone to food sticking if not properly seasoned or maintained
This Lodge Cast Iron Skillet is perfect for the home chef who loves to create delicious meals with ease.
Whether cooking indoors or outdoors, this skillet delivers legendary heat distribution and retention that allows you to sear, sauté, bake, broil or fry in one pan.
So pick up your skillet today and master your kitchen creations with confidence!
2. Le Creuset Signature Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
Ultimate Cast Iron Skillet for Professional Home Cooking
- Premium quality cast-iron skillet with iconic Le Creuset design
- Suitable for all stovetops, including induction and gas
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Heavy-duty iron handle provides a secure grip during cooking
- Can be used in the oven or on the grill
- Versatile 2.3-quart capacity ideal for preparing a wide range of dishes
Le Creuset’s Signature Skillet is an ideal tool for a variety of cooking tasks, from searing and sautéing to stir-frying. Its enameled cast iron construction provides superior heat retention, producing even and consistent results with every use.
The black satin interior enamel requires no pre-seasoning, making it ready to be used immediately with minimal effort. Plus, its unique design won’t dull, stain or chip over time like some other materials – so you can trust that your skillet will last for years of faithful service in the kitchen.
The lightweight build of this cast iron skillet also makes it easy to handle when transferring ingredients or flipping foods during meal preparation. It heats up faster than heavier pans too which helps reduce energy usage and saves time when cooking meals. And because it works on all varieties of cooktops as well as ovens up to 500°F and is dishwasher safe – cleanup couldn’t be simpler! With these practical features combined into one product – Le Creuset Signature Skillet comes at No 2 in our list due to its exceptional quality and performance that helps make culinary masterpieces a breeze in the kitchen!
- Hassle-free cleaning and maintenance (safe for dishwasher and metal utensils)
- Versatile cooking options (compatible with all cooktops and oven-safe up to 500°F)
- Lightweight yet durable design (lightest weight cast iron by quart on the market)
- Superior heat distribution and retention for enhanced cooking performance (enameled cast iron with black satin interior enamel)
- Relatively expensive compared to other similar skillets on the market.
- May be too heavy for some users, especially when filled with food.
- The handle may get hot during use and require a protective cover or pot holder.
The Le Creuset Signature Skillet is perfect for the home chef who desires top-notch performance and aesthetics. With its superior heat distribution and retention, it’s a must-have for any serious cook looking to create amazing dishes with great results. Get your skillet today and start cooking like a pro!
Brand: Le Creuset
3. Utopia Kitchen Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
Boost Your Iron Intake with Superior Heat Retention Skillet
- Pre-seasoned cast iron skillet for easy use and maintenance
- Nonstick coating for healthier cooking and easier cleanup
- Compatible with gas stovetops for versatile cooking options
- Durable and long-lasting material for reliable performance
- Large capacity (2.94 liters) for cooking family-sized meals
- Maximum temperature of 450 degrees Celsius for high heat cooking
The Utopia Kitchen 12 Inch Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is an excellent choice for cooking a variety of different meals. It is pre-seasoned and ready to use, making it easy to get started on your favorite recipes right away.
The skillet has superior heat retention that keeps food warm for a longer period of time, so every bite will be enjoyable. This cast iron cookware also increases the iron content in our diets by up to 20%, which is important in helping to prevent iron deficiency worldwide.
Additionally, this versatile skillet can be used both on stovetop and oven for even heating and cooking. What’s more, hand washing with hot soapy water does not damage the seasoning and after each wash coat it lightly with vegetable oil to keep its non-stick qualities intact. We pick this product No 3 as it’s straightforward design makes cooking easier due to its heat distribution feature while saving effort during cleaning phase due to its dishwasher safe property at the same time providing health benefit from increased nutrient intake because of improved iron content in our food diet cooked using cast iron cookware without compromising quality or flavour of the dish cooked thus bringing healthy life style within everyone’s reach with convenience of ease usage at competitive price range make it outstanding product within today’s modern kitchen inventory item list..
- Superior heat retention keeps food warm for longer periods of time
- Increases iron content in cooked meals by up to 20%
- Suitable for use on both stovetop and oven
- Durable and long-lasting cast iron construction
- Not dishwasher-safe
- Less smooth than non-stick cookware
- Requires hand-washing and regular oiling
This pre-seasoned cast iron skillet from Utopia Kitchen is ideal for health-conscious chefs who are looking to increase their daily iron intake. Grab yours today and start cooking up delicious, healthy meals with added benefits!
Brand: Utopia Kitchen
4. Victoria Cast Iron Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
The Ultimate Cast-Iron Skillet for Versatile Cooking.
- Cast iron skillet with helper handle for easy lifting and maneuvering
- Large frying pan with capacity to hold up to 7.5 pounds of food
- Nonstick coating for easy release of food and hassle-free cleanup
- Compatible with gas, electric, and smooth surface induction stovetops
- Made in Colombia using high-quality cast iron material
- Hand wash only product care instructions for long-lasting use
The Victoria Cast-Iron Skillet is an excellent piece of cookware for any kitchen. It’s designed to offer exceptional heat retention and even distribution, so you can get that perfect sear every time.
The deep vessel allows for sauces or larger food items and the spouts on each side make it easy to drain without making a mess. I especially appreciate that it doesn’t require much maintenance since it’s pre-seasoned with non-GMO flaxseed oil which gives me peace of mind knowing I’m using a healthy cooking solution.
What really sets this skillet apart are its high quality materials; this cast-iron pan has been crafted in Colombia since 1939 with resource efficient materials, making it built to last! This means I can use my Victoria Cast-Iron Skillet on almost any surface such as over campfires or grills, as well as induction cooktops and stoves, allowing me extra versatility when cooking. I also love the longer curved handle which makes for easier gripping and transferring from stovetop to tabletop – very convenient! In short, if you’re looking for a durable yet reliable skillet then look no further than the Victoria Cast-Iron Skillet – it’s worth every penny!
- Versatile and can be used on the stove, induction cooktops, in the oven, campfire or grill.
- Durable and made to last for years of reliable cooking.
- Thicker edge, deep vessel for sauces or larger food items and drip-free spouts make it perfect for great meals.
- Pre-seasoned with natural flaxseed oil without any harmful chemicals making it a healthier way to cook.
- Heavyweight, can be difficult to handle for some users.
- May require more maintenance than non-cast iron cookware.
- Not recommended for use with acidic foods as it may damage the seasoning.
This Victoria Cast Iron Skillet is perfect for the home chef or outdoor enthusiast who loves to cook with long-lasting and reliable cookware. Cook like a professional wherever you go, and upgrade your cooking experience today!
5. Cuisinel Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
Best for Versatile Cooking and Long-Lasting Durability.
- Made of durable, long-lasting cast iron material
- Pre-seasoned for immediate use and easy cooking
- Comes with a lid for versatile meal preparation options
- Suitable for use on gas stovetops and in the oven
- Large 12-inch size offers ample room to cook meals for families or parties
- Hand wash only care instructions ensure longevity of product.
The Cuisinel Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is a must-have kitchen item. It features craftsmanship that ensures years of reliable cooking thanks to its seasoned cast iron construction.
The precision heat distribution provides an even cooking experience, which is especially useful when grilling, broiling, sautéing and frying on various cooktops like induction or stovetop.
This skillet comes with a lot of great additions for convenience and safety – including a tempered glass lid with stainless steel rim for steaming your dishes, as well as silicone hot handle holder to avoid unexpected burns from the pan’s handle. There are also drainage holes in the lid that help prevent bubbling of liquids while using it on the stovetop.
Finally, this skillet can be used indoorour outdoor – perfect for making delicious breakfasts or barbecuing outdoors for family and friends! To sum things up: if you’re looking for one skillet to do it all – whether you need to fry bacon at home or grill some vegetables at your next BBQ – then look no further than this pre-seasoned cast iron skillet by Cuisinel!
- Comes with a silicone hot handle holder and tempered glass lid for safe cooking and serving
- Crafted with seasoned cast iron that can last for years to come
- Versatile enough for frying, baking, grilling, broiling, braising, or sautéing meats and vegetables
- Provides even heat distribution for improved cooking on grills, stoves, or induction cooktops
- Heavy and bulky, may require two hands to handle.
- Silicone hot handle holder is not oven-safe and must be removed before placing the skillet in the oven.
- Glass lid may not fit perfectly on the skillet and can slide around while cooking.
This Cuisinel Cast Iron Skillet is perfect for the home chef who wants to master classic recipes and stay ahead of modern trends. Its high-quality construction and versatility make it a must-have item for experienced or novice cooks alike. Get yours now and take your cooking skills to the next level!
6. Bruntmor Enameled Cast Iron Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
Best for Evenly Heating and Cooking Delicious Meals
- Made with durable cast iron material
- Enamel finish for added protection and easy cleaning
- Large 6.5-quart capacity for versatile cooking options
- Can withstand high temperatures up to 500°F
- Sturdy and reliable construction from Bruntmor brand
- Eye-catching red color to add a pop of fun to your kitchen
I recently invested in Bruntmor’s Pre-Seasoned 6.5 qt Enameled Cast Iron Round Dutch Oven and I’m impressed with the quality and performance of this skillet. The beautiful red colour is perfect for my kitchen, bringing a vibrant touch.
The enamel coating on the cast iron cookware prevents reactivity with food acids, making it safer to use compared to bare cast iron cookware. It’s also oven safe at temperatures up to 500°F (200°C), so you can easily toss this dutch oven in your preheated oven without worry! Additionally, since the heat distributes evenly across its surface, there are no hot or cold spots when cooking – something that I really appreciate while baking! And everything stays warm if you put a lid on top of it too – bonus points there!
While I haven’t tried searing steaks yet, more delicate foods like fish have cooked wonderfully in this pan as well thanks to its nonstick qualities. Cleaning is easy as well; all you need is warm water and soap followed by wiping away with a soft cloth or paper towel for minimal cleaning effort required after every use. Overall, I’m totally satisfied with the quality and performance that comes from such an affordable price point – definitely worth investing in it if you’re looking for versatile cast iron cookware!
- Comes in a variety of gorgeous colors and styles to match any kitchen decor
- Smooth enamel coating won’t scratch surfaces, making it safe for use on ceramic glass stoves
- Distributes heat evenly and keeps food warm for hours
- Versatile enough to be used as bakeware, and ideal for braises, stews, and sauces
- Hand wash only, not dishwasher safe
- Can be heavy and difficult to maneuver for some users
- Enamel coating may chip or scratch over time with regular use
This Bruntmor Enameled Cast Iron Skillet is perfect for home chefs who appreciate quality, durability and style. With its superior heat distribution and beautiful designs, this skillet will help you create amazing meals with ease. Try it today and discover why cooks of all levels are loving this product!
7. Uno Casa Enameled Cast Iron Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
Experience Hassle-Free Cooking with Chip-Resistant Enameled Cast Iron Skillet
- Made of durable cast iron with an enameled finish for easy cleaning and long-lasting use.
- 3.7-quart capacity perfect for cooking meals for families and small gatherings.
- Temperature rating up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, suitable for a wide range of recipes.
- Comes with a matching lid made from enameled cast iron and stainless steel knob for added convenience.
- Oven safe product care instructions make it easy to use this skillet in a variety of cooking situations.
- Eye-catching red color adds style to your kitchen decor while offering high-quality performance.
I recently purchased the Uno Casa Enameled Cast Iron Skillet and am thoroughly impressed. This cast iron skillet is constructed from high-quality materials, with an enamel finish that offers a chip-resistant exterior and stainless steel knob for durablity.
It can be used with any heat source – glass, induction or convection stovetops – making it extremely versatile. Plus, the widened handles provide even weight distribution when the pan is full, complete with silicone holders to ensure maximum protection.
The unique ‘rainfall effect’ on this skillet adds a lot of flavor to my meals! The interior bumps allow it to retain moisture and juices condense in droplets which rain down into my dish; this results in juicy meats and vegetables that are packed full of flavor! What’s more is that it requires little maintenance: no need to season as oils naturally penetrate its pores which create a smooth non-stick surface – making clean up easy peasy!
Overall I’m beyond happy with my purchase; this skillet ticks all the boxes for me whether it be its durable construction or convenience at mealtime. I’d highly recommend giving this product a try if you’re in search of quality cookware.
- Safe to use on various heat sources, including glass, induction, & convection stovetops
- Highly durable enamel coating is chip-resistant and won’t rust or discolor over time
- Oversized loop handles provide a firm grip for even weight distribution when the braising pan with lid is full
- Rainfall effect improves taste by retaining moisture and infusing juicy meats & veggies with flavor
- Heavier than non-cast iron cookware
- Enamel coating may chip with rough handling or extreme temperature changes
- Higher price point compared to some other types of cookware
This Uno Casa Enameled Cast Iron Skillet is perfect for the home chef who wants to enjoy all of their cooking without worrying about later cleaning up.
Its chip-resistant finish, rainfall effect design and widened handles make it an ideal choice for evenly cooked dishes and hassle-free cooking each time.
If you’re looking for an easy cleaning experience with amazing flavors, then this skillet will be a great addition to your kitchen.
Brand: Uno Casa
8. AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
Effortlessly master gourmet meals with cast iron skillet
- Pre-seasoned for immediate use
- Made of durable cast iron for even heating and long-lasting performance
- Suitable for use on multiple cooktop surfaces, including induction, gas, and electric coil
- Oven-safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Non-stick surface over time with proper seasoning and care
- Hand wash only for easy maintenance
The AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is a great way to get evenly distributed heat while cooking.
The skillet has a 15-inch diameter and is pre-seasoned, so it comes in handy immediately without needing any further seasoning before use.
It also has flared side edges, making it easy to move around on the stove or in the oven as needed.
The product can be used with temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit; all you need to maintain its condition is some hand wash cleaning.
This cast iron skillet from Amazon Basics gives me plenty of control over my food’s cooking temperature, allowing for more precise results than I usually get with other cookware materials like aluminum or stainless steel.
Additionally, I find that heating times are generally shorter compared to other types of pans thanks to this product’s excellent heat distribution and retention capabilities – I love how quickly my dishes come out!
Finally, cleanup after meals is super easy since no extra seasonings are required when using this skillet; all it needs is some light hand washing and then it’s ready for use again!
- Evenly distributes and retains heat for perfectly cooked meals
- Pre-seasoned to eliminate the hassle of seasoning yourself
- Flared edges make it easy to pour liquids without making a mess
- Oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit for versatile use in the kitchen
- Heavy weight can be difficult to handle for some users
- The pre-seasoning may not be as non-stick as other options on the market
- Hand-washing required, not dishwasher safe.
This AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is perfect for the home chef who loves to cook gourmet meals with ease. It’s designed to distribute and retain heat evenly, making it ideal for searing, frying, sautéing and more.
Get ready to master your favorite recipes – try out this skillet today!
Brand: Amazon Basics
9. NutriChef Cast Iron Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
Versatile Non-Stick Skillet Set for Traditional Cooking
- Made of cast iron for even heat distribution and long-lasting durability
- Pre-seasoned with natural oils for a non-stick surface without chemicals
- Comes in a set of 3 different sizes to suit various cooking needs
- Compatible with multiple stove types including induction, gas, and electric coil
- Glass ceramic color adds an element of style to your kitchen
- Hand-wash only product care instructions make cleaning simple
The NutriChef Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet is a must-have for any kitchen.
Ideal for home and restaurant use, the 3-piece set includes 8-, 10-, and 12-inch skillets designed to retain heat evenly over their entire surface.
This ensures your dishes will cook quickly while maintaining their delicious flavors!
The skillets’ nonstick coating makes it easy to clean up after cooking and prevents food from sticking during cooking.
Plus, the cool touch silicone handles are removable so you can easily move them around the stovetop or oven without burning yourself!
The skillet’s sides also feature an integrated drip spout – perfect for easily draining off extra oil or fat.
This NutriChef set is compatible with all heating methods including gas, induction, electric stovetops, and glass ceramic – plus it can withstand temperatures of up to 500° F.
With its timeless design and quality materials this cast iron skillet is sure to last for years to come!
- Works on all heating methods: gas, induction, glass ceramic and electric stove top.
- Heavy duty cast iron ensures even cooking throughout the entire pan.
- Wide diameter size for large meals with removable cool touch silicone handles.
- Pre-seasoned to prevent rusting and non-stick coated surface for effortless food release.
- Heavy and bulky, may be difficult to handle for some users
- Pre-seasoning may not be strong enough for some cooking needs and may need reseasoning before use
- Silicone handles can slip off if not securely attached
This NutriChef Cast Iron Skillet is ideal for home chefs who love traditional cooking and need a versatile kitchen set that works on multiple heating methods.
With its pre-seasoned coating, non-stick surface and heat safe up to 500°F capabilities, this skillet is perfect for any kitchen. Get yours today!
10. T-fal E83407 Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
(Images Credits: Amazon)
Master the Art of Restaurant-Quality Cooking at Home
- Pre-seasoned for immediate use
- Made of durable cast iron material
- Nonstick coating for easy food release
- Oven safe and gas stovetop compatible
- Large cooking surface (19.7 x 13 inches)
- Manufactured by Groupe SEB – a trusted kitchenware brand
The T-fal E83407 Pre-Seasoned Nonstick Durable Cast Iron Skillet / Fry pan Cookware is the perfect addition to my kitchen. The 12″ size makes it versatile and great for frying, searing or sauteing a variety of dishes – whether I’m making breakfast scrambles or dinner enchiladas! As the cast iron heats evenly and consistently, I can trust that my food will be cooked perfectly every time.
Plus, with its signature thumb rest handle on one side and easy-to-grip helper handles on the other side; cleaning up after cooking feels like less of a chore.
What’s more, this skillet comes pre seasoned for first use which really takes away any extra hassle from me since all I have to do is follow the simple step-by-step instructions provided in order to get it ready for use. It also has useful pouring spouts which allow me to easily transfer contents without mess or waste.
Lastly, its PFOA free and Cadmium free construction means that I don’t have to worry about any chemical contaminants when preparing meals. All in all, this T-fal E83407 Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet provides everything necessary for quick & easy home cooking!
- Even heating and consistent cooking for perfectly cooked meals.
- Easy and controlled pouring with the specially designed spouts.
- Versatile use, perfect for grilling, sautéing, frying and more.
- Large size with extra long handle ensures easy handling and maneuverability.
- Heavyweight and can be difficult to maneuver
- Nonstick coating may wear off over time with frequent use and cleaning
- May require occasional re-seasoning to maintain nonstick capabilities
This pre-seasoned cast iron skillet is perfect for the aspiring at-home chef who wants to enhance their cooking techniques with restaurant level quality. With effortless heat retention and distribution, this product makes it easy to make delicious dishes your family will love! Try it out now and unleash your inner culinary expert.
Best Practices For Using Cast Iron Skillets On Glass Top Stoves
To ensure your cast iron skillet doesn’t damage your glass top stove, there are some best practices you should follow including using a heat diffuser and properly seasoning your skillet – keep reading to learn more!
Use A Heat Diffuser
I highly recommend using a heat diffuser when cooking with cast iron skillets on glass top stoves.
A heat diffuser is a tool that helps distribute the heat evenly and reduces the risk of damaging your stove’s surface. It acts as a buffer between the skillet and the cooktop, preventing any direct contact that may result in scratches or cracks.
Various types of diffusers are available online and in stores, such as stainless steel or aluminum plates with perforated designs to allow proper air circulation.
Another option is ceramic diffusers that can withstand high temperatures without breaking down over time. Whatever type you choose, make sure it fits your skillet’s size and offers enough protection for your stove.
Using a heat diffuser also allows you to cook at lower temperatures while maintaining consistent heat distribution, saving energy and prolonging the life of both your pan and cooktop.
Plus, it gives you more control over how you cook your food by reducing hot spots or uneven browning on your dish’s bottom layer. In short, investing in a quality heat diffuser is worth considering if you plan to use cast iron skillets on glass top stoves regularly.
Properly Season Your Skillet
One crucial step to using a cast iron skillet on a glass top stove is properly seasoning it.
This involves coating the surface with oil and heating it to create a nonstick layer that protects the skillet from rust and damage. To do this, start by washing your new or old cast iron skillet with warm, soapy water and drying it thoroughly.
Then, apply a thin layer of vegetable oil all over the skillet, including the handle and bottom.
Next, place the oiled skillet in an oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
After that time has passed, please turn off the oven but keep the skillet inside until it cools down completely. Finally, wipe away any excess oil with a paper towel before use.
By seasoning your cast iron skillet correctly, you’ll ensure its longevity and prevent food sticking to its surface while cooking on glass top stoves.
Remember never to wash your seasoned cast iron skillet with soap or harsh chemicals as they can strip away its protective layer easily. Instead, rinse it with hot water after each use while still warm (to loosen any stuck-on food particles), dry it immediately after rinsing using paper towels/cloth – Don’t let air-dry because moisture can cause rust; Lastly store them properly when not in use in cool/dry locations plus avoid stacking pans together as they could scrape each other’s surfaces leading them prone to abrasive damages which will impair their performance on glass cooktops over time.
Be Gentle When Placing And Moving The Skillet
When it comes to using cast iron on a glass top stove, it’s important to be gentle when placing and moving the skillet. This is because glass cooktops can scratch or crack easily if you’re not careful.
It’s best to use oven mitts or potholders when handling your cast iron skillet to avoid accidentally dropping it on the stove.
Another tip is to avoid sliding or dragging the skillet on the glass surface. Instead, lift and place it gently onto the stovetop.
This will help prevent any scratches that could lead to damage over time. Remember, a flat bottomed cast iron skillet is recommended for use on glass top stoves as they distribute heat more evenly while protecting your cooktop from scratching.
Finally, consider investing in a heat diffuser before using cast iron skillets on a glass top stove. A heat diffuser helps regulate temperature and reduces hot spots that can cause damage to your cookware and cooking surface alike.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to safely use your favorite cast iron skillet with confidence knowing that you’re protecting your kitchen tools and appliances!
Avoid Sliding Or Dragging The Skillet On The Stove
I always handle my cast iron skillet with care on my glass top stove. Sliding or dragging the skillet across the surface can cause scratches, which may lead to cracks or even shattering. It’s important to lift and move the skillet instead of pushing it along the stove top.
To avoid sliding or dragging, I use a heat-resistant silicone mat as a buffer between the skillet and stove top. This helps prevent any accidental slips while carrying heavier skillets too.
It’s also good practice to make sure your skillet is dry before placing it onto the glass cooktop. Any residual moisture could create an uneven surface for your pan, increasing your chances of slipping or scratching your stovetop. By taking these simple precautions, you can ensure that your cast iron skillet remains in perfect condition while using it on a glass top stove safely and effectively.
Verdict on the Best Cast Iron Skillet for a Glass Top Stove
Choosing the best cast iron skillet for your glass top stove can seem overwhelming, but with the right information and a little research, you can find the perfect one.
Remember to look for skillets with flat bottoms, suitable size and weight, and compatibility specifically designed for glass top stoves.
After thorough research and review of customer feedback, we strongly recommend Lodge Cast Iron Skillet and Le Creuset Signature Skillet as the best cast iron skillets for glass top stoves in terms of durability, versatility, compatibility with various heat sources including induction cooktops.
Remember to also follow our recommended practices when using cast iron skillets on your glass top stove like using a heat diffuser or being gentle while moving it around. With these tips in mind and high-quality cast-iron skillet options available in the market today such as Lodge Cast Iron Skillet + Pan Scraper or Le Creuset Signature Skillet there’s no reason not to enjoy delicious meals cooked perfectly every time!
1. Is it safe to use a cast iron skillet on a glass top stove?
Yes, it is safe to use a cast iron skillet on a glass top stove as long as you take proper precautions. Lift the skillet when moving it around and avoid sliding or dragging it across the surface of the stove.
2. Can all types of cast iron skillets be used on glass top stoves?
Not all types of cast iron skillets are suitable for use on glass top stoves. Look for skillets with smooth bottoms that won’t scratch the surface of your stove. Avoid using skillets with raised ridges, grooves or patterns on their bottoms.
3. How do I clean my cast iron skillet after using it on a glass top stove?
To clean your cast iron skillet after using it on a glass top stove, allow it to cool completely and then wipe away any food debris with paper towels or a soft cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers that can scratch the seasoning from your pan.
4. What size of cast iron skillet should I choose for my glass top stove?
The size of your ideal cast iron skillet depends upon your cooking needs, but generally speaking – choosing one that’s slightly smaller than the diameter of your burner is recommended in order minimize risk scratching edges against hard surfaces while maintaining stability during food prep & transfer operations