Last updated on April 22nd, 2023 at 08:33 am
BBQ cream cheese dip is a perfect blend of cream cheese and BBQ sauce, with a hint of spice that creates a creamy and savory dip. This dip is an excellent addition to any BBQ or gathering and is perfect for those who want a quick and easy appetizer to prepare.
BBQ Cream Cheese Dip
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula for mixing
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Serving bowl or platter
- Chopping board and knife (if using fresh garlic and onion)
- Food processor (Optional)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- Tortilla chips or crackers, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, barbecue sauce, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Mix well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl or platter, and sprinkle the chopped scallions over the top for garnish.
- Serve the dip with tortilla chips or crackers on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
- You can adjust the amount of BBQ sauce and spices based on your taste preference. If you prefer a milder flavor, start with less BBQ sauce and spices and add more as needed.
- Be sure to allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature before mixing it with the other ingredients. This will make it easier to mix and will help to ensure a smooth and creamy dip.
- If using fresh garlic and onion, be sure to finely chop them before adding them to the dip. Alternatively, you can use garlic and onion powders for convenience.
- This dip can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just be sure to stir it well before serving.
- This dip can be served cold or hot. If serving hot, transfer the dip to an oven-safe dish and bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- To add more texture and flavor, consider adding other ingredients such as chopped jalapenos, diced tomatoes, or crumbled bacon.
- This dip can also be used as a spread for sandwiches or wraps, or as a topping for grilled meats such as chicken, pork, or beef.
Tips for Making the Best BBQ Cream Cheese Dip
- Softening the cream cheese before mixing it with the BBQ sauce will make blending and creating a smoother dip easier.
- Choose a BBQ sauce that complements the other ingredients and fits your preferences. You can also experiment with different types of BBQ sauce, such as sweet or spicy, to find the perfect blend.
- Add more diced jalapeno pepper or hot sauce for a spicier version of the dip.
- Use fresh ingredients, such as diced red onion and jalapeno pepper, to enhance the flavor and texture of the dip.
- Allow the dip to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this dip up to 2 days ahead and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Just remember to stir it well before serving.
Can I use a different type of BBQ sauce?
Yes, you can use any BBQ sauce you like. The dip’s flavor may vary slightly depending on the sauce you use.
Can I use low-fat cream cheese, sour cream, or mayonnaise?
Yes, you can use low-fat or light versions of these ingredients. However, remember that the dip’s texture and flavor may be slightly different.
Can I use fresh garlic and onion instead of the powders?
Yes, you can use fresh garlic and onion instead of the powders. Just make sure to finely chop them before adding them to the dip.
Can I add other ingredients to the dip?
You can add other ingredients to the dip, such as chopped jalapenos, diced tomatoes, or crumbled bacon. Just be mindful of the flavors and textures of the elements you add.
Can I use a food processor to mix the ingredients?
Yes, you can use a food processor to mix the ingredients. Ensure not to over-process the mixture, as it may become too thin.
Can I use this dip as a spread for sandwiches or wraps?
Yes, you can use this dip as a spread for sandwiches or wraps for extra flavor.
Can I serve this dip hot?
You can serve this dip hot by transferring it to an oven-safe dish and baking it at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated.
Can I freeze this dip?
Freezing this dip is not recommended, as the texture and consistency may change when thawed.
Can I use this dip as a topping for grilled meats?
Yes, you can use this dip as a topping for grilled meats such as chicken, pork, or beef for an extra flavor boost.
Final Thought On Making BBQ Cream Cheese Dip
BBQ cream cheese dip is an easy and delicious appetizer for any BBQ or gathering.
This BBQ cream cheese dip will impress your guests and leave them wanting more.