If you’re following a ketogenic diet, you know how important it is to find healthy, low-carb snacks and meals that fit your dietary restrictions and satisfy your taste buds. That’s where the keto almond butter smoothie comes in!
This delicious drink is not only easy to make, but it’s also packed with healthy fats, fiber, and other essential nutrients to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Keto Almond Butter Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla keto protein powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 1/4 vanilla extract
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup ice
- Add the almond milk, protein powder, almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla extract, avocado, and coconut oil to a blender.
- Blend on high speed until the ingredients are well combined and the avocado is completely broken down.
- Add the ice to the blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and serve immediately. Enjoy your keto almond butter smoothie!
- Make sure to use unsweetened almond milk to keep the smoothie low in carbohydrates.
- You can use a different flavor of keto protein powder, if desired, but the taste of the smoothie may vary.
- You can use peanut butter instead of almond butter, but it will change the flavor of the smoothie.
- You can use a different type of oil, such as avocado oil or MCT oil, if desired.
- If desired, you can add a low-carb sweetener, such as stevia, to taste.
- A frozen avocado can be used instead of a fresh one, but you may need to adjust the amount of ice in the smoothie.
- It is best to consume this smoothie immediately after making it, but it can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- The number of calories in this recipe will vary depending on the specific brands and sizes of the ingredients used.
- This recipe makes 1 serving, but it can easily be multiplied to make more servings.
What Makes the Keto Almond Butter Smoothie So Great?
The keto almond butter smoothie is an excellent choice for those on a low-carb diet for a few reasons. First and foremost, it’s made with almond butter, an excellent source of healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. These fats can help improve cholesterol levels, reduce your risk of heart disease, and provide long-lasting energy.
In addition, almond butter is also a good source of fiber, which helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer. And, since fiber is essential for overall digestive health, it’s a great way to boost your health while still enjoying a delicious drink.
Why Include Vanilla Whey Protein Powder in Your Keto Almond Butter Smoothie?
Including vanilla whey protein powder in your keto almond butter smoothie is a great way to add extra protein to your diet, which can help you feel full and satisfied for longer. Additionally, protein is essential for building and repairing muscle, which is especially important if you’re working out or following a low-carb diet.
Benefits of the Keto Almond Butter Smoothie
Aside from being delicious, the keto almond butter smoothie offers several health benefits. For example:
- Boosts Energy Levels: Almond butter is a great source of healthy fats, which can help provide you with long-lasting energy throughout the day.
- Supports Digestive Health: The fiber in almond butter helps to promote healthy digestion, which can help keep your digestive system functioning smoothly.
- Supports Weight Loss: Since the keto almond butter smoothie is low in carbs and healthy fats and fiber, it’s a great way to support weight loss and help you stay full and satisfied for longer.
What type of almond milk should I use?
Unsweetened almond milk is recommended to keep the smoothie low in carbohydrates.
Can I use a different flavor of protein powder?
Yes, you can use a different flavor of keto protein powder, but the smoothie’s taste may vary.
Can I use peanut butter instead of almond butter?
You can use peanut butter instead of almond butter, but it will change the smoothie’s flavor.
Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, if desired, you can use a different type of oil, such as avocado or MCT oil.
Can I skip the cinnamon?
Yes, you can skip the cinnamon if desired, but it adds a nice flavor to the smoothie.
Can I use a frozen avocado instead of a fresh one?
Yes, you can use a frozen avocado instead of a fresh one, but you may need to adjust the amount of ice in the smoothie.
Can I make this smoothie without a blender?
No, a blender is required to make this smoothie, as it needs to be blended until smooth and creamy.
How long will this smoothie keep in the fridge?
It is best to consume this smoothie immediately after making it, but it can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Can I add sweetener to the smoothie?
You can add a low-carb sweetener, such as stevia, to taste if desired.
Can I use almond flour instead of protein powder?
No, almond flour is not recommended in place of protein powder, as it will change the texture and macronutrient profile of the smoothie.
Final thoughts on making this Keto Almond Butter Smoothie
If you’re following a ketogenic diet, the keto almond butter smoothie is an excellent choice for a nutritious, delicious, and low-carb snack or meal. With its high levels of healthy fats, fiber, and essential nutrients, this smoothie is a great way to support your weight