A simple, no bake cheesecake with a dark chocolate cookie crust, sweet marshmallow fluff, homemade strawberry sauce and finished off with a skinny cheesecake topper! An ideal summer dessert!
Life has a funny way of adding inspiration into everyday events. After a few weeks of complete chaos, quite a few failed recipe attempts, and some restless nights, my brain is just fried. Call it lack of creativity if you will. Which is a death sentence for someone who thrives off of dreaming up new creations and putting words to paper.
Between decisions of what flowers I would like for our wedding centerpieces (hint, I am not much of a flower person), to starting to look at new houses (even the possibility of new construction…oye) to then rattling my brain in the kitchen, it all becomes a bit overwhelming at times.
Doesn’t help the fact I am a natural worry bee.
Ya, ya, ya…everyone tells me to not stress the small stuff.
Really? Like I haven’t heard of that little tidbit before….
So when Cookie Chips of HannahMax Baking asked me to review their product, it was a real brain buster.
Cookies + Chips = Mind blown.
A cookie that eats like a chip. Just another reason to sit down with a bag after a hard day’s work and kick my feet up.
There was no lack of creativity when I set off to my kitchen since gobbling them straight out of the bag isn’t appropriate for a blog post. Even though its 100% acceptable in real life.
A simple, no bake parfait is a summer essential. Of Cookie Chips five flavors, (Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Sugar, Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Sea Salt Peanut Butter, and Original), I was immediately drawn to the Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip. And I was not disappointed; they are bursting with a deep cocoa flavor!
I started by crushing the cookie chips into fine crumbs for a base for our parfaits. And for as long as I can remember, I have an odd obsession with marshmallows. Any marshmallows. If it is on the menu, you bet I will be ordering it. And not sharing. So naturally, the next layer is marshmallow fluff. Plus, what is a summer without s’mores?! As I took a few spoonful’s, for quality assurance purposes, I was thinking that strawberries would be killer. Not just plain strawberries, a sweet strawberry sauce that melts in your mouth.
Oh yes. It was the perfect addition.
But as I sat there, they didn’t feel quite complete. They lacked one last partner in crime. When I think of strawberries, I think of cheesecake. Two little peas in a pod. I mixed Greek yogurt with whipped topping for a fluffy, vanilla and creamy cheesecake layer that gives the finesse the s’mores parfaits craved.
Lucky for you all, I am giving away a give set of all five flavors!! Now you can sit on your couch and eat an entire bag, or make these parfaits if you fancy!
*There are a few ways to enter:
1) Simply leave a blog comment telling me what flavor you are most excited to try.
This giveaway will end on June 9th, at 11:59 pm CT and is US only. Best of luck ya’all!
- 1 cup crushed Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Chips
- 1½ Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp marshmallow fluff
- 3 Cups frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbsp truvia (or 2 Tbsp regular sugar)
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Truvia (or 4 Tbsp regular sugar)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- In a food processor, crush cookie chips until a fine crumb.
- In a small bowl, combine cookies and melted butter. Mix well. Add to 4 serving glasses or ramkins. Press down well to cover bottom completely and create an even layer. Place in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, add strawberries and truvia. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, and simmer for 20 minutes until strawberries break down. Remove from heat and allow to cool off.
- In a medium bowl, combine whipped topping, greek yogurt, truvia and vanilla. Fold gently to not flatten the whipped topping.
- Once cookie crust is hard, remove from fridge. Add 1 tablespoon marshmallow fluff, then add the strawberry sauce and finish off with the cheesecake.
- Serve immedatiately or refrigerate until ready to use.